“My goal was never to just create a company. It was to build something that actually makes a really big change in the world”
– Mark Zuckerberg
Zuckerberg achieved his goal. Facebook has changed the world radically – no more pen, paper and that long wait to receive a response back via the post, when you can easily just send a message and receive an instant reply then and there. This is the magic of Facebook. No matter the distance – your loved ones will never be left out of the picture.
Facebook is a fortune-listed 500 company and is one of the hottest, most student-friendly companies out there offering a plethora of opportunities for students to take advantage of, from internships, Facebook University to engineering bootcamps – there really is something for everybody!
To learn more about these opportunities as well as have access to Facebook’s latest internship offerings, click HERE!
Oindrilla Chakraborty holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, India and is a current postgraduate student at London Business School, concluding her MBA Studies.
She has completed an internship at Facebook as an MBA Summer Intern.
THIS IS HER STORY TO HER SUCCESS …
- How did you prepare for the program?
1. Thorough research of the company
2. Reached out to current employees from the team I was applying to to get more clarity on the daily activities
3. Concentrated on pitching my transferable skills from consulting that could be applied to the new role in tech
4. Went through some material from FB’s Blueprint training
5. Figured out what role FB and its various ancillary companies have played in my personal and professional life till date
6. Internalised the values of the firm and prepared stories on how I had exhibited these values in my previous career
7. Read up on FB’s success stories with small and big businesses and specific FB products
- How long did it take you to prepare?
The interview process lasted around 5 weeks- from the application deadline to getting the final offer. I kept preparing throughout this time frame.
Tell us about the application and recruiting process.
1. CV drop for a maximum of 3 roles that were available at the time
2. Once the resume got shorlisted, HR reached out with 2 specific questions which needed to be answered in the body of the mail
3. 1st round interview: 30-minute competency and behavioural interview
4. 2nd round: 3 interviews (1 hour each) with 3 different people from the firm. Interviews were, once again, competency oriented and behavioral
- Why do you think you were selected?
1. Showcasing genuine interest in the role by knowing about firm and role very well
2. Showcasing transferable skills
3. Previous consulting experience
- Describe your experience in this program. Could be your story. Feel free to write about anything fun, deep, emotional, or motivating!
FB had the best, most empathetic people I have ever worked with. They genuinely care about the learning and development of interns. It is very easy to reach out to people and get time from the best minds the world. People are incredibly helpful and encouraging. They inspire you to find your own way in the firm. I had a very broad problem statement and it was up to me to decide how to go about it.
- What are some of the tips that you would like to give?
Once again, I think it would work best to research the company and role thoroughly. It is also vital to understand, justify and effectively communicate every career decision made till date. Also, exhibiting transferable skills is critical.
- Any advice for future applicants in the same program?
I’d work best to research the company and role thoroughly. It is also vital to understand, justify and effectively communicate every career decision made till date. Also, exhibiting transferable skills is critical.
Feel free to connect with Oindrilla on her LinkedIn HERE!
Please let her know you are reaching out from Scholarship Track.
WE ARE SCHOLARSHIP TRACK
Making opportunities more accessible.
Scholarship Track is here to inform you – to help you craft new goals on your list.
Scholarship Track is here to lead you – to ensure you know you are never alone.
Scholarship Track is here to excite you – to engage with you, to connect with you, to help you reach your mountain to success
Stay connected with us via social media: @scholarshiptrack, as well as subscribe to our newsletter so you are able to hear our noise about our latest blogs, events, posts as well as have instant access to the latest scholarship, internship, fellowship and other student opportunity offerings straight to your inbox. Subscribe HERE!